U.S. Artificial And Synthetic Fibers And Filaments Market. Analysis And Forecast to 2025
Artificial and Synthetic Fiber Market - Chinese Supplies of Artificial and Synthetic Fibers and Filaments Increase, While Total U.S. Imports Diminish
Photo: © photobee / Bigstockphoto
The U.S. takes a 7% share (based on USD) of imports on the artificial and synthetic fibers market, which put it in the third place, following China (10%) and Turkey (8%). In 2015, U.S. artificial and synthetic fiber and filament imports totaled 2,676 million USD, which was 21 million USD (1%) above the previous year's value.
From 2007 to 2015, U.S. artificial and synthetic fiber and filament imports showed mixed dynamics. A significant drop in 2009 was followed by a rebound over the next two years, until imports decreased again over 2012-2013 and then stabilized through to the end of the period.
In 2011, U.S. artificial and synthetic fiber and filament imports surpassed their pre-recession level of 2007. However, after flattening over 2013-2015, imports remained only slightly above their pre-recession level.
Despite the slowdown in the growth of imports, the U.S. continues to be one of the biggest markets for global exporters.
China, Korea, and Canada were the main suppliers of artificial and synthetic fibers and filaments into the U.S., with a combined share of 44% of total U.S. imports in 2015. China was the fastest growing supplier (+10.2% per year) from 2007 to 2015, while the import from Canada declined by -5.1% per year. Import from Korea remained relatively stable. China significantly strengthened its position in the U.S. import structure, from 11% in 2007 to 22% in 2015. By contrast, Canada saw its share reduced by -5 percentage points, down to 10%.
U.S. trade balance in this sector fluctuated wildly over the period under review, with several transitions from a deficit to a surplus. However, the amplitude of these fluctuations was insignificant, with the highest surplus of 348 million USD recorded in 2007 and the largest deficit of 243 million USD tracked in 2013. Finally, there was a surplus of 200 million USD in 2015.
Do you want Do you want to know more about the U.S. artificial and synthetic fiber market? Get the latest trends and insight from our report. It includes a wide range of statistics on
artificial and synthetic fiber market share
- artificial and synthetic fiber prices
- artificial and synthetic fiber industry
- artificial and synthetic fiber sales
- artificial and synthetic fiber market forecast
- artificial and synthetic fiber price forecast
- key artificial and synthetic fiber producers
Source: IndexBox AI Platform
Nylon and other polyamide manufactured fibers; Rayon, acetate, and lyocell manufactured fibers; Polyolefin manufactured fibers; Polyester manufactured fibers; Other manufactured noncellulosic fibers (excluding glass, carbon, and graphite); Producer-textured manufactured noncellulosic fibers; Artificial and synthetic fibers and filaments manufacturing, nsk, total
The report provides on a detailed survey of the U.S. artificial and synthetic fiber market. It presents the latest data of the market size and volume, domestic production, exports and imports, price dynamics and turnover in the industry. In addition, the report contains insightful information about the industry, including industry life cycle, business locations, productivity, employment and many other crucial aspects. The Company Profiles section contains current data on the largest players in the industry.
Countries coverage: the U.S.
Lenzing Fibers ,
Ascend Performance Materials Operations,
Wellman Plastics Recycling,
Fdc Graphics Films,
Fairfield Processing Corp,
Formed Fiber Technologies,
Nan Ya Plastics Corporation,
Uniroyal Global Engineered Products,
Performance Fibers Operations,
Honeywell Resins & Chemicals,
Durafiber Technologies (dft) Enterprises,
Sun Performance Fibers,
• Artificial and synthetic fiber market size;
• Artificial and synthetic fiber production, value of shipments;
• Key market players and their profiles;
• Exports, imports and trade balance;
• Import and export prices;
• Forecast of the market dynamics in the medium term;
• Key industry statistics;
• Life cycle of the artificial and synthetic fiber industry;
• Number of establishments and their locations;
• Employment data;
• Artificial and synthetic fiber industry productivity.
Reasons to buy this report:
• Take advantage of the latest data;
• Find deeper insights into current market developments;
• Discover vital success factors affecting the market.
This report is designed for manufacturers, distributors, importers, and wholesalers, as well as for investors, consultants and advisors.
In this report, you can find information that helps you to make informed decisions on the following issues
1. How to diversify your business and benefit from new market opportunities
2. How to load your idle production capacity
3. How to boost your sales on overseas markets
4. How to increase your profit margins
5. How to make your supply chain more sustainable
6. How to reduce your production and supply chain costs
7. How to outsource production to other countries
8. How to prepare your business for global expansion
While doing this research, we combine the accumulated expertise of our analysts and the capabilities of artificial intelligence. The AI-based platform, developed by our data scientists, constitutes the key working tool for business analysts, empowering them to discover deep insights and ideas from the marketing data.
Making Data-Driven Decisions to Grow Your Business
A Quick Overview of Market Performance
Understanding the Current State of The Market and Its Prospects
Finding New Products to Diversify Your Business
Choosing the Best Countries to Establish Your Sustainable Supply Chain
Choosing the Best Countries to Boost Your Exports
The Latest Trends and Insights into The Industry
The Largest Import Supplying Countries
The Largest Destinations for Exports
The Largest Producers on The Market and Their Profiles
We can help you conduct market research and write a report using the most reliable data