Japan - Persimmons - Market Analysis, Forecast, Size, Trends and Insights
Japan’s Persimmon Market Reached 214.4K Tonnes
Photo: © babble / Bigstockphoto
According to market research conducted by IndexBox, from 2007 to 2013, Japan's persimmon market showed mixed dynamics. A significant drop in 2010 (-27% Y-o-Y) was followed by a sharp increase in 2011 (+22% Y-o-Y). In 2013, the market dropped again by 15% to 214.4 thousand tonnes. Persimmon consumption growth in Japan is expected to slow to 1.7% (currently +2.3%), amidst sluggish domestic demand.
In 2014, Thailand (66.8%) and China (22.3%) were the leading destinations of persimmon imports, together making up 89.1% of Japan's imports. The share of Thailand increased significantly, while the share of China illustrated negative dynamics. The shares of the other countries remained relatively stable throughout the analyzed period.
In 2014, Israel and New Zealand were the only suppliers of persimmons to Japan. Israel was the fastest growing supplier from 2007 to 2014, with a CAGR of 9%, while New Zealand declined by 1% annually.
Do you want to know more about the Japan`s persimmon market? Get the latest trends and insight from our report. It includes a wide range of statistics on
- persimmon market share
- persimmon prices
- persimmon industry
- persimmon sales
- persimmon market forecast
- persimmon price forecast
- key persimmon producers
Source: IndexBox AI Platform
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the persimmon market in Japan. Within it, you will discover the latest data on market trends and opportunities by country, consumption, production and price developments, as well as the global trade (imports and exports). The forecast exhibits the market prospects through 2025.
Making Data-Driven Decisions to Grow Your Business
A Quick Overview of Market Performance
Understanding the Current State of The Market and Its Prospects
Finding New Products to Diversify Your Business
Choosing the Best Countries to Establish Your Sustainable Supply Chain
Choosing the Best Countries to Boost Your Exports
The Latest Trends and Insights into The Industry
The Largest Import Supplying Countries
The Largest Destinations for Exports
The Largest Producers on The Market and Their Profiles
We can help you conduct market research and write a report using the most reliable data