World - Oats - Market Analysis, Forecast, Size, Trends and Insights
Global Oat Market Reached 23,2M Tonnes
Photo: © budabar / Bigstockphoto
According to market research conducted by IndexBox, from 2007 to 2014, the global oat market showed mixed dynamics. A significant drop from 2008 to 2010 was followed by recovery growth over the next few years. In 2014, the oat market decreased again to 23,162 thousand tonnes (-4% Y-o-Y).
In 2014, the countries with the largest harvested areas were the Russian Federation (3,091 thousand Ha), and, distantly, Canada (913 thousand Ha) and Australia (708 thousand Ha), together accounting for 49% of the global oat acreage. In Canada, the acreage declined dramatically, by 9.4% annually from 2007 to 2014. The remaining countries also showed negative dynamics in relative values, though more moderate, the Russian Federation (-1.0%) and Australia (-7.7%).
Average yield of oats also fluctuated significantly over the analyzed period. Its lowest point was in 2007 at 21,928 Hg/Ha and the highest was in 2014 with 25,374 Hg/Ha.
In 2014, the U.S. (57%) and, distantly, Germany (11%) were the leading destinations of oat imports, together making up 68% of global imports.
In 2014, Canada and Finland were the main global suppliers of oats with a combined share of 69% of global exports. However, the fastest growing suppliers from 2007 to 2014 were Sweden (+13.0% per year) and France (+12.9% per year). Despite being the largest global producers of oats, the Russian Federation, Australia and Poland did not export much of their production, meaning that it was either domestically consumed, or put in storage. Canada's position significantly weakened in the global export structure, falling from 70% in 2007 to 56% in 2014.
However, Canada still dominated in the global oat trade. In 2014, this country exported 59.0% of its total oat output. Of this amount, 97.4% was supplied to the United States, where oats held a 58.8% share of total U.S. consumption.
Do you want to know more about the global oat market? Get the latest trends and insight from our report. It includes a wide range of statistics on
- oat market share
- oat prices
- oat industry
- oat sales
- oat market forecast
- oat price forecast
- key oat producers
Source: IndexBox AI Platform
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global oat market. Within it, you will discover the latest data on market trends and opportunities by country, consumption, production and price developments, as well as the global trade (imports and exports). The forecast exhibits the market prospects through 2025.
Making Data-Driven Decisions to Grow Your Business
A Quick Overview of Market Performance
Understanding the Current State of The Market and Its Prospects
Finding New Products to Diversify Your Business
Choosing the Best Countries to Establish Your Sustainable Supply Chain
Choosing the Best Countries to Boost Your Exports
The Latest Trends and Insights into The Industry
The Largest Importers on The Market and How They Succeed
The Largest Exporters on The Market and How They Succeed
The Largest Producers on The Market and Their Profiles
The Largest Markets And Their Profiles
We can help you conduct market research and write a report using the most reliable data