China and Mexico to Bear away The Rising Demand for Blinds and Shades

Other Textiles June 23, 2017
Author: Anna Sergeeva
Market Analyst

blind and shade market

Photo: © YakobchukOlena / Bigstockphoto

According to market research conducted by IndexBox, from 2008 to 2015, the U.S. blind and shade market posted noticeable fluctuations: following a significant fall in 2009, the market then stabilised, experiencing only minor periods of instability through to 2012. As of 2013, however, the market began a steady period of growth, showing signs of acceleration by 2015. In 2015, the blinds and shades market reached 2,831 million USD.

The value of total U.S. blinds and shades imports totaled 932 million USD in 2015, expanding at an average annual rate of 3.0% from 2008 to 2015. Intense competition from low-cost imports, particularly from China and Mexico, has increasingly constrained industry performance during this period. As a result, the share of imports in consumption has reached 33% in 2015. China (47%, based on USD) and Mexico (31%) were the main suppliers of blinds and shades into the U.S., with a combined share of 78% of total U.S. imports in 2015. They followed by Taiwan (9%), India (3%) and Pakistan (2%).

The U.S. exported 25 million USD of blinds and shades in 2015, which accounted for 2% of U.S. blinds and shades output. Due to low trade intensity, exports should not be regarded as strong factor influencing U.S. market dynamics in the medium term. In 2015, the main destinations of U.S. blinds and shades exports were Canada (50%), distantly Mexico (15%), Japan, Australia, and Costa Rica (3% each).

Do you want to know more about the U.S. blind and shade market? Get the latest trends and insight from our report. It includes a wide range of statistics on

  • blind and shade market share
  • blind and shade prices
  • blind and shade industry
  • blind and shade sales
  • blind and shade market forecast
  • blind and shade price forecast
  • key blind and shade producers

Source: U.S. Blinds And Shades Market. Analysis And Forecast to 2025