U.S. Soft Drink Market. Analysis And Forecast to 2025
Soft Drink Market - U.S. Imports of Soft Drinks Remain On The Rise
The U.S. dominates in global imports of soft drinks, accounting for a 16% share (based on USD). The UK (8%), Germany (8%), and Canada (6%) followed. In 2015, U.S. soft drink imports totalled 2.87 billion USD, which was 359 million USD (14%) higher than the year before.
From 2007 to 2015, the U.S. soft drink imports followed a steady upwards trajectory. There was an annual growth of +6.2% throughout the analysed period. In 2015, U.S. imports on the soft drink market reached the pre-recession level of 2007.
Despite fierce competition, the U.S. continues to be one of the most attractive destinations for overseas suppliers.
Switzerland and Austria were the main suppliers of soft drinks into the U.S., with a combined share of 56% of total U.S. imports in 2015. Moreover, Switzerland (+28.4% per year) was the fastest growing supplier from 2007 to 2015. Switzerland significantly strengthened its position in the U.S. import structure, from 7% in 2007 to 34% in 2015. Meanwhile, Austria's share reduced to 22%.
The U.S. was a net importer of soft drinks from 2007 to 2015. However, the average growth rate of exports was larger than that of imports over the period under review.
Before 2010, net imports of soft drinks in the U.S. showed a downward trend. However, starting in 2010, the trade deficit began showing a stable and quite dynamic growth. This industry ran a trade deficit of 1.51 billion USD in 2015, which was approximately 53% of gross imports.
Do you want to know more about the U.S. soft drink market? Get the latest trends and insight from our report. It includes a wide range of statistics on
- soft drink market share
- soft drink prices
- soft drink industry
- soft drink sales
- soft drink market forecast
- soft drink price forecast
- key soft drink producers
Source: IndexBox AI Platform
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the soft drink market in the USA. Within it, you will discover the latest data on market trends and opportunities by country, consumption, production and price developments, as well as the global trade (imports and exports). The forecast exhibits the market prospects through 2025.
Making Data-Driven Decisions to Grow Your Business
A Quick Overview of Market Performance
Understanding the Current State of The Market and Its Prospects
Finding New Products to Diversify Your Business
Choosing the Best Countries to Establish Your Sustainable Supply Chain
Choosing the Best Countries to Boost Your Exports
The Latest Trends and Insights into The Industry
The Largest Import Supplying Countries
The Largest Destinations for Exports
The Largest Producers on The Market and Their Profiles
We can help you conduct market research and write a report using the most reliable data