Japan - Persimmons - Market Analysis, Forecast, Size, Trends and Insights
Japan’s Persimmon Production On A Downward Slide
Japanese persimmon trees are native to areas of Asia, specifically Japan, China, Burma, the Himalayas and Khasi Hills of northern India. In 2013, Japan's persimmon production was estimated at 214.7 thousand tonnes, which was 51.9 thousand tonnes (or 19.5%) less than the peak production level recorded in 2008. In value terms it decreased to 430.8 million USD in 2013, which was 21% less than the year before.
Similarly, harvested area of persimmons showed a stable decline over the last five years, with a CAGR of 1%. From 2007 to 2013, yield also illustrated a 1% decrease, standing at 99.4 thousand Hg/Ha by the end of the period under review.
In 2014, Thailand (66.8%) and China (22.3%) were the leading destinations of Japan's persimmon imports, together making up 89.1% of its imports. The share of Thailand increased significantly, while the share of China illustrated negative dynamics. The shares of the other countries remained relatively stable throughout the analyzed period.
Israel and New Zealand were the only suppliers of persimmons to Japan. While Israel was the fastest growing supplier from 2007 to 2014, with a CAGR of 9%, New Zealand declined by 1% annually.
Source: IndexBox AI Platform
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the persimmon market in Japan. Within it, you will discover the latest data on market trends and opportunities by country, consumption, production and price developments, as well as the global trade (imports and exports). The forecast exhibits the market prospects through 2025.
Making Data-Driven Decisions to Grow Your Business
A Quick Overview of Market Performance
Understanding the Current State of The Market and Its Prospects
Finding New Products to Diversify Your Business
Choosing the Best Countries to Establish Your Sustainable Supply Chain
Choosing the Best Countries to Boost Your Exports
The Latest Trends and Insights into The Industry
The Largest Import Supplying Countries
The Largest Destinations for Exports
The Largest Producers on The Market and Their Profiles
We can help you conduct market research and write a report using the most reliable data